Weston hair salon owner raises £850 for hospice
- Credit: Jason Roberts
A Weston woman has raised more than £850 for charity, which provides end-of-life care, in memory of her stepfather.
Tania Roberts, director of the town's Technique Hair Salon in Palmer Street, ran the Cardiff Half Marathon for Weston Hospicecare on October 6.
She raised the amount after staff at the charity took care of her stepdad, Roger Ferrier, after a long-term illness, as well as providing emotional support for her mother, Maxine.
Tania completed the half marathon in two hours and 22 minutes, which she is 'over the moon' with, as her target time was two and a half hours.
Her husband, Jason Roberts, also took part in the run, and completed the race in one hour and 29 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Tania said: "I would like to thank my family, friends and customers for the very generous donations in support of me running the Cardiff Half Marathon for Weston Hospicecare staff."
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 8 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event