Weston hair salon owner raises £850 for hospice
- Credit: Jason Roberts
A Weston woman has raised more than £850 for charity, which provides end-of-life care, in memory of her stepfather.
Tania Roberts, director of the town's Technique Hair Salon in Palmer Street, ran the Cardiff Half Marathon for Weston Hospicecare on October 6.
She raised the amount after staff at the charity took care of her stepdad, Roger Ferrier, after a long-term illness, as well as providing emotional support for her mother, Maxine.
Tania completed the half marathon in two hours and 22 minutes, which she is 'over the moon' with, as her target time was two and a half hours.
Her husband, Jason Roberts, also took part in the run, and completed the race in one hour and 29 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Tania said: "I would like to thank my family, friends and customers for the very generous donations in support of me running the Cardiff Half Marathon for Weston Hospicecare staff."
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 4 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village