Weston woman braves head shave for cancer support charity
- Credit: Archant
A Weston woman and her friend braved a Macmillan Cancer Support head shave for family members whose lives have been affected by the disease.
Clare Burrell and Jane Wood took on Macmillan's Brave The Shave challenge to raise money for the charity - which supports people battling cancer.
Clare said: "My mum's a breast cancer survivor and she'll be clear of the disease for nine years in October.
"Unfortunately, my aunty passed away from cancer in 2010 and this is such a worthwhile charity to do this for.
"Mum is so proud of me for having my head shaved on July 10 - both my parents were.
"Jane took on the shave for personal reasons and Karl Bright, owner of Weston's Bright Hair salon, did a fantastic job."
Clare and Jane hope their efforts can reach a £300 fundraising target to donate to the charity.
- 1 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 4 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
To give money to the cause, log on to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/clare-burrell3