Weston woman braves head shave for cancer support charity
- Credit: Archant
A Weston woman and her friend braved a Macmillan Cancer Support head shave for family members whose lives have been affected by the disease.
Clare Burrell and Jane Wood took on Macmillan's Brave The Shave challenge to raise money for the charity - which supports people battling cancer.
Clare said: "My mum's a breast cancer survivor and she'll be clear of the disease for nine years in October.
"Unfortunately, my aunty passed away from cancer in 2010 and this is such a worthwhile charity to do this for.
"Mum is so proud of me for having my head shaved on July 10 - both my parents were.
You may also want to watch:
"Jane took on the shave for personal reasons and Karl Bright, owner of Weston's Bright Hair salon, did a fantastic job."
Clare and Jane hope their efforts can reach a £300 fundraising target to donate to the charity.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
To give money to the cause, log on to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/clare-burrell3