Weston team could be taught by top cricket stars
A GROUP of budding sportswomen could soon receive coaching from the best in its field. The Weston Cricket Club Ladies XI has reached the final three in the Travelex Sports Exchange competition.
A GROUP of budding sportswomen could soon receive coaching from the best in its field.
The Weston Cricket Club Ladies XI has reached the final three in the Travelex Sports Exchange competition.
It means the team could be taught how to perfect their skills by the likes of Australian Test cricketers, batsman Adam Gilchrist, and pace bowler Brett Lee.
The girls, who won the Somerset Ladies' league this year and the Somerset eight-a-side tournament, completing the season unbeaten, now need residents to help support them by logging on to www.travelex.co.uk/sport and voting.
You may also want to watch:
Readers have until November 2 to help the team achieve its dream and it will find out later this month if it has been successful.
The Travelex Sports Exchange is a new initiative that rewards people by giving them the chance to travel across the world and receive the best coaching for their chosen sport.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 8 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
To see the pictures buy this week's Weston & Somerset Mercury...............