PICTURES: Hundreds of people enjoy Weston’s biggest ever Christmas lights switch on
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas was busy in Weston town centre on Saturday night.
He switched on the town's biggest ever Christmas lights display at the Italian Gardens.
Weston Brass performed on the night and guests were warmed up with mulled wine and mince pies.
The council invested in the decorations after a survey showed people would like better festive lights in the town centre.
This year there were more lights than ever before, with displays up in Orchard Street and new lights for The Blakehay Theatre and Weston Museum.
Father Christmas will set up his grotto in the Sovereign Shopping Centre, in High Street, in the vacant unit near Parsons Bakery.
He will give out gifts from 10am-4pm on December 10-13 and 24, and from 10am-5pm from December 17-20.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 3 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 4 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 5 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 6 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 7 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 8 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 9 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 10 Lovely detached family home with Mendip views
Father Christmas told the Mercury children who write him letters and leave them in the shopping centre could win a prize.