PICTURES: Hundreds of people enjoy Weston’s biggest ever Christmas lights switch on
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas was busy in Weston town centre on Saturday night.
He switched on the town's biggest ever Christmas lights display at the Italian Gardens.
Weston Brass performed on the night and guests were warmed up with mulled wine and mince pies.
The council invested in the decorations after a survey showed people would like better festive lights in the town centre.
This year there were more lights than ever before, with displays up in Orchard Street and new lights for The Blakehay Theatre and Weston Museum.
Father Christmas will set up his grotto in the Sovereign Shopping Centre, in High Street, in the vacant unit near Parsons Bakery.
He will give out gifts from 10am-4pm on December 10-13 and 24, and from 10am-5pm from December 17-20.
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 4 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 9 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 10 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
Father Christmas told the Mercury children who write him letters and leave them in the shopping centre could win a prize.