PICTURES: Hundreds of people enjoy Weston’s biggest ever Christmas lights switch on
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas was busy in Weston town centre on Saturday night.
He switched on the town's biggest ever Christmas lights display at the Italian Gardens.
Weston Brass performed on the night and guests were warmed up with mulled wine and mince pies.
The council invested in the decorations after a survey showed people would like better festive lights in the town centre.
This year there were more lights than ever before, with displays up in Orchard Street and new lights for The Blakehay Theatre and Weston Museum.
You may also want to watch:
Father Christmas will set up his grotto in the Sovereign Shopping Centre, in High Street, in the vacant unit near Parsons Bakery.
He will give out gifts from 10am-4pm on December 10-13 and 24, and from 10am-5pm from December 17-20.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
Father Christmas told the Mercury children who write him letters and leave them in the shopping centre could win a prize.