Second murder charge following death of ‘kind-hearted uncle’
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been charged in connection with an ongoing murder investigation following an incident in Weston-super-Mare last weekend.
Curtis Ford, aged 27, has been charged yesterday (Thursday) with murder after Mikhail Hanid died in hospital on June 30.
The 47-year-old sustained stab wounds in an incident in the early hours of June 27.
Ford, of Baildon Road, was remanded in custody ahead of a hearing at Bristol Magistrates Court on Thursday.
Samuel Ford, aged 30, has already been charged with murder as part of the same investigation and was also due to appear in court.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder remains in custody.
However, a 56-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder earlier this week has been released from custody, with no further action planned.
- 1 RNLI believes return to Birnbeck Island 'the most credible option' for Weston
- 2 Weston town centre to undergo 'facelift' next month
- 3 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 4 Weston woman celebrates 105th birthday
- 5 Parents 'in tears' over Weston school's generous fuel fund
- 6 Weston site to offer more coronavirus tests for people with symptoms
- 7 Housing groups preparing application to build medical centre in village
- 8 Weston café raising funds to deliver meals to frontline workers
- 9 Work begins on Weston's £20million broadband investment
- 10 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
Two other men, aged 28 and 30, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender were released under investigation.
Police enquiries are continuing.