Second murder charge following death of ‘kind-hearted uncle’
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been charged in connection with an ongoing murder investigation following an incident in Weston-super-Mare last weekend.
Curtis Ford, aged 27, has been charged yesterday (Thursday) with murder after Mikhail Hanid died in hospital on June 30.
The 47-year-old sustained stab wounds in an incident in the early hours of June 27.
Ford, of Baildon Road, was remanded in custody ahead of a hearing at Bristol Magistrates Court on Thursday.
Samuel Ford, aged 30, has already been charged with murder as part of the same investigation and was also due to appear in court.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder remains in custody.
However, a 56-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder earlier this week has been released from custody, with no further action planned.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
Two other men, aged 28 and 30, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender were released under investigation.
Police enquiries are continuing.