Second murder charge following death of ‘kind-hearted uncle’
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been charged in connection with an ongoing murder investigation following an incident in Weston-super-Mare last weekend.
Curtis Ford, aged 27, has been charged yesterday (Thursday) with murder after Mikhail Hanid died in hospital on June 30.
The 47-year-old sustained stab wounds in an incident in the early hours of June 27.
Ford, of Baildon Road, was remanded in custody ahead of a hearing at Bristol Magistrates Court on Thursday.
Samuel Ford, aged 30, has already been charged with murder as part of the same investigation and was also due to appear in court.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder remains in custody.
However, a 56-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder earlier this week has been released from custody, with no further action planned.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 8 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
Two other men, aged 28 and 30, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender were released under investigation.
Police enquiries are continuing.