Second murder charge following death of ‘kind-hearted uncle’
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been charged in connection with an ongoing murder investigation following an incident in Weston-super-Mare last weekend.
Curtis Ford, aged 27, has been charged yesterday (Thursday) with murder after Mikhail Hanid died in hospital on June 30.
The 47-year-old sustained stab wounds in an incident in the early hours of June 27.
Ford, of Baildon Road, was remanded in custody ahead of a hearing at Bristol Magistrates Court on Thursday.
Samuel Ford, aged 30, has already been charged with murder as part of the same investigation and was also due to appear in court.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder remains in custody.
However, a 56-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder earlier this week has been released from custody, with no further action planned.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 9 Inadequate care home responds
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Two other men, aged 28 and 30, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender were released under investigation.
Police enquiries are continuing.