Weston High Street pub closed
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare town centre pub has been closed after its tenants ‘disappeared’ around three months ago.
The London Inn, in High Street, was one of the largest public houses in the town, with a separate bar, upstairs area and restaurant under the same roof.
Its main entrance has been padlocked shut by estate agent Stephen & Co, which has also changed its locks and mail is piling up.
A Stephen & Co spokesman told the Mercury: "The tenant disappeared around three months ago and is no longer on the premises."
In May last year the public house was blocked from extending its opening hours until 4am by North Somerset Council.
You may also want to watch:
It is another drinking establishment to close in the town centre after The Old Stable, in Wadham Street, stopped pulling pints in September 2017 and has been up for sale ever since.
The Lost Circus cocktail bar, in Walliscote Road, is also on the market.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset