Play areas in Weston to remain closed
- Credit: Archant
Weston Town Council has delayed play areas reopening due to safety concerns.
The town council looks after 21 play areas including those at Ashcombe Park, Uphill Toddler Park and Conniston Green.
A town council spokesman said: “The safety of the public and our staff will always be our priority.
“It has been recognised that adherence to social distancing between individuals and households can be particularly difficult in a playground setting, as well as limiting the transmission of coronavirus from touchpoints on the equipment.
“We have spoken to our health and safety representative and our insurance company as well as other organisations facing the same concerns surrounding reopening play areas. We need to ensure all can be monitored and cleaned to the same standard to meet government guidelines that are needed throughout coronavirus once reopened to the public.
You may also want to watch:
“Until this can be achieved, we will be keeping our play areas closed.
“The town council understands the importance of play and is working to have our play areas open as soon as possible, whilst ensuring the safety of all who use them.”
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple