Duo win PCC pride awards
- Credit: Archant
An ‘outstanding’ karate instructor and a Weston town councillor have picked up awards.
Councillor Sarah Codling and Nick Smith were among those recognised at a Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) pride awards ceremony.
Nick has been a karate instructor in Burnham for more than 46 years and has taught hundreds of students.
He said: "It's great to receive recognition for my club, hopefully my classes have guided young people in the right direction."
Cllr Codling was nominated for the creation of her community initiative Ask Community Safety.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "This project is a simple, anonymous way for homeowners to share their concerns and get reliable guidance in response.
"It is our hope this pilot scheme will continue in offering an alternative and additional means for people, the police and council to work together to keep our communities safe."
- 1 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 2 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 5 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 8 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 9 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 10 New headteacher for village first school