Duo win PCC pride awards
- Credit: Archant
An ‘outstanding’ karate instructor and a Weston town councillor have picked up awards.
Councillor Sarah Codling and Nick Smith were among those recognised at a Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) pride awards ceremony.
Nick has been a karate instructor in Burnham for more than 46 years and has taught hundreds of students.
He said: "It's great to receive recognition for my club, hopefully my classes have guided young people in the right direction."
Cllr Codling was nominated for the creation of her community initiative Ask Community Safety.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "This project is a simple, anonymous way for homeowners to share their concerns and get reliable guidance in response.
"It is our hope this pilot scheme will continue in offering an alternative and additional means for people, the police and council to work together to keep our communities safe."
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 6 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston