More film crews appear in Weston for BBC drama
- Credit: Nick Page. Hayman.
Film crews have once again been spotted in Weston-super-Mare’s town centre today (Friday).
Keeler Productions has taken over Locking Road Car Park, opposite Tesco, and The Regent Restaurant, in Regent Street, to film a BBC period series The Trial of Christine Keeler, based on the Profumo Affair in the 1960s.
The political scandal originated from a brief relationship between Secretary of State for War, John Profumo, and 19-year-old would-be model Christine Keeler.
Keeler Productions previously filmed in the aforementioned locations in December.
The series will star Sophie Cookson, James Norton, Ellie Bamber, Ben Miles, Emilia Fox and Nathan Stewart-Jarrett.
Actors also descended on Weston this week to film scenes for the adaptation of Jane Austen’s novel Sanditon.
Crews were filming at Sand Point, as well as a number of locations in Clevedon, including the seafront, around Marine Lake, on Salthouse Fields and the prom.
The programme will be directed by Andrea Harkin and is written by Amanda Coe.
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch