More film crews appear in Weston for BBC drama
- Credit: Nick Page. Hayman.
Film crews have once again been spotted in Weston-super-Mare’s town centre today (Friday).
Keeler Productions has taken over Locking Road Car Park, opposite Tesco, and The Regent Restaurant, in Regent Street, to film a BBC period series The Trial of Christine Keeler, based on the Profumo Affair in the 1960s.
The political scandal originated from a brief relationship between Secretary of State for War, John Profumo, and 19-year-old would-be model Christine Keeler.
Keeler Productions previously filmed in the aforementioned locations in December.
The series will star Sophie Cookson, James Norton, Ellie Bamber, Ben Miles, Emilia Fox and Nathan Stewart-Jarrett.
Actors also descended on Weston this week to film scenes for the adaptation of Jane Austen’s novel Sanditon.
You may also want to watch:
Crews were filming at Sand Point, as well as a number of locations in Clevedon, including the seafront, around Marine Lake, on Salthouse Fields and the prom.
The programme will be directed by Andrea Harkin and is written by Amanda Coe.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 8 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 9 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend