More film crews appear in Weston for BBC drama
- Credit: Nick Page. Hayman.
Film crews have once again been spotted in Weston-super-Mare’s town centre today (Friday).
Keeler Productions has taken over Locking Road Car Park, opposite Tesco, and The Regent Restaurant, in Regent Street, to film a BBC period series The Trial of Christine Keeler, based on the Profumo Affair in the 1960s.
The political scandal originated from a brief relationship between Secretary of State for War, John Profumo, and 19-year-old would-be model Christine Keeler.
Keeler Productions previously filmed in the aforementioned locations in December.
The series will star Sophie Cookson, James Norton, Ellie Bamber, Ben Miles, Emilia Fox and Nathan Stewart-Jarrett.
Actors also descended on Weston this week to film scenes for the adaptation of Jane Austen’s novel Sanditon.
You may also want to watch:
Crews were filming at Sand Point, as well as a number of locations in Clevedon, including the seafront, around Marine Lake, on Salthouse Fields and the prom.
The programme will be directed by Andrea Harkin and is written by Amanda Coe.
- 1 Man dies after collision with car
- 2 Revealed: What the Sovereign Centre will look like after £1.7million facelift
- 3 Sisters take on Weston walk in father’s memory
- 4 Worle pub due to be a nursery up for sale
- 5 Flood alleviation scheme on outskirts of Weston completed
- 6 Weston RNLI given over £4,000 from major technology firm
- 7 Man arrested after vigilant witness reports suspicious activity
- 8 One-way scheme improves safety outside primary school
- 9 Reading befriending programme to launch in North Somerset
- 10 Weston police officer faces misconduct hearing after alleged racist comments