Icescape returns in style for winter stint
- Credit: Archant
Icescape At The Tropicana has opened for its third year, promising months of festive fun.
The Trop, in Marine Parade, became home to Britain's largest indoor ice rink on Friday.
There are two new rides this year in the carousel which holds up to 24 people per ride and Pippen's rotating coaster.
Skating sessions are held on the hour, starting at 10am, for 45 minutes each session.
The Lodge Bar And Restaurant, which has a great view of the ice rink, is open for people who do not wish to take part in the skating sessions.
The rink uses rapid freeze, real ice technology to provide an authentic winter skating experience.
Santa and his elves will be in situ from November 24 until Christmas Eve, and youngsters will be able to visit the grotto and take pictures.
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 8 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
Icescape will be open until January 25.
Tickets, priced £7.50-34, are available online at www.icescape-tropicana.co.uk