Icescape returns in style for winter stint
- Credit: Archant
Icescape At The Tropicana has opened for its third year, promising months of festive fun.
The Trop, in Marine Parade, became home to Britain's largest indoor ice rink on Friday.
There are two new rides this year in the carousel which holds up to 24 people per ride and Pippen's rotating coaster.
Skating sessions are held on the hour, starting at 10am, for 45 minutes each session.
The Lodge Bar And Restaurant, which has a great view of the ice rink, is open for people who do not wish to take part in the skating sessions.
You may also want to watch:
The rink uses rapid freeze, real ice technology to provide an authentic winter skating experience.
Santa and his elves will be in situ from November 24 until Christmas Eve, and youngsters will be able to visit the grotto and take pictures.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
Icescape will be open until January 25.
Tickets, priced £7.50-34, are available online at www.icescape-tropicana.co.uk