Singer raising money for air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
A Weston vocalist is raising money through online videos.
Jodie Payne regularly performed in venues such as The Royal Hotel and The Grand Atlantic Hotel, but when lockdown started in March she lost all employment.
Former Worle Community School Academy pupil Jodie began to write and perform weekly topical satire videos on Facebook to bring some cheer to the situation, which have reached more than 1,000 views.
Jodie also had a response from the US band Berlin, when she re-wrote their hit song Take My Breath Away and they commented and shared her version.
Jodie posted her final video in the series on Saturday which will raise money for Great Western Air Ambulance Charity.
You may also want to watch:
To donate money, log on to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/marie-king9gwaa
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown