Boxing: Weston Warriors seek support during crisis
- Credit: Archant
A boxing club in Weston has set up a JustGiving page asking people to help support them ahead of next season.
Weston Warriors, who train at Warrior Gym in Coker Road, are struggling to raise money due to the Coronavirus pandemic and have lost out on two home shows, where they make the majority of their money, and have set a target of £1,500.
“Right now anyone willing to make a donation can go to the JustGiving page under Weston Warriors Boxing Club,” said head coach Dean Lewis.
“Just donate what you can – big or small it will be a big help.”
Lewis, who is the coach of undefeated Dean Dodge, says the club is accessible to people of all ages and talks about how much the club means everything to him.
You may also want to watch:
“Warrior Gym is my life,” he added. “Whether I’m in there working with a young child or whether I’m working with an adult.
“We strive to better people’s lives, try and teach people life skills, not just boxing.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
“We get people from all sorts of life where we try to help people strive in life and to have a positive look, along with trying to build boxing champions, so it means the world to me.”
If you would like to make a donation to help the club at this time go to https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/westonwarriorsamateurboxingclub?utm_term=3qjR93Dxy.