Boxing: Weston Warriors seek support during crisis
- Credit: Archant
A boxing club in Weston has set up a JustGiving page asking people to help support them ahead of next season.
Weston Warriors, who train at Warrior Gym in Coker Road, are struggling to raise money due to the Coronavirus pandemic and have lost out on two home shows, where they make the majority of their money, and have set a target of £1,500.
“Right now anyone willing to make a donation can go to the JustGiving page under Weston Warriors Boxing Club,” said head coach Dean Lewis.
“Just donate what you can – big or small it will be a big help.”
Lewis, who is the coach of undefeated Dean Dodge, says the club is accessible to people of all ages and talks about how much the club means everything to him.
“Warrior Gym is my life,” he added. “Whether I’m in there working with a young child or whether I’m working with an adult.
“We strive to better people’s lives, try and teach people life skills, not just boxing.
- 1 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 2 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 5 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 6 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 7 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 8 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 9 'Caring' cat who saved owner up for national award
- 10 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
“We get people from all sorts of life where we try to help people strive in life and to have a positive look, along with trying to build boxing champions, so it means the world to me.”
If you would like to make a donation to help the club at this time go to https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/westonwarriorsamateurboxingclub?utm_term=3qjR93Dxy.