Weather warning issued for Weston
- Credit: Archant
Wet weather accompanied by winds of up to 65mph have been forecast for Weston-super-Mare tomorrow (Tuesday).
A yellow weather warning has been issued, with ‘strong winds’ accompanied by heavy rain’ expected.
The warning stays in effect from 5am-9pm, with the worst of weather expected during the afternoon and early evening.
Buses and train routes may be affected by the weather.
A met Office Spokesman said: “Some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities may be affected by spray and/or large waves.
You may also want to watch:
“Rain will be heavy at times and, given recent wet weather, likely lead to impacts in a few places.”
- 1 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 2 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 5 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 8 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 9 New headteacher for village first school
- 10 Hot air balloons return to Weston