Great-great-grandmother from Weston celebrates a century
- Credit: Chloe Evans
A great-great-grandmother from Weston celebrated her 100th birthday with a card from the Queen and visits from family.
Winifred Hodgson has three children, six grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren and one great-great grandchild.
Winifred was a house cleaner when she left school, and also worked in a sewing shop and bar. She enjoys helping in the community at coffee mornings and table top sales, and attending church.
Winifred celebrated her big day with a family party.
Her great-granddaughter Cloe Evans said: "She had some family over to celebrate, she got a card from the Queen which she was really chuffed about and was the only card she opened that day.
"Her secret to getting too 100 is that she never smoked or drank, apart from the odd glass of wine."
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston