Lilian celebrates a century with family and friends
- Credit: Archant
A Weston woman celebrated her 100th birthday on New Year’s Day.
Lilian Cowles, who lives in Highcroft Nursing Home, in Eastfield Park, spent her special day with friends and family and also enjoyed a visit from the mayor of Weston, Mark Canniford.
Lilian was born on January 1, 1920, in Staffordshire.
She met Harold at a VE Day dance in 1946 and they married and spent 30 happy years together.
The couple have two daughters, four grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Lilian worked as a nurse in the NHS for 30 years and drove an ambulance during the war.
A spokesman from Highcroft nursing home said: "Lilian has lived at Highcroft for one year now and everyone remains in awe of her.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 6 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid
"All of Lilian's friends and staff at Highcroft Nursing Home wish her the very happiest of birthdays."