Lilian celebrates a century with family and friends
- Credit: Archant
A Weston woman celebrated her 100th birthday on New Year’s Day.
Lilian Cowles, who lives in Highcroft Nursing Home, in Eastfield Park, spent her special day with friends and family and also enjoyed a visit from the mayor of Weston, Mark Canniford.
Lilian was born on January 1, 1920, in Staffordshire.
She met Harold at a VE Day dance in 1946 and they married and spent 30 happy years together.
The couple have two daughters, four grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Lilian worked as a nurse in the NHS for 30 years and drove an ambulance during the war.
A spokesman from Highcroft nursing home said: "Lilian has lived at Highcroft for one year now and everyone remains in awe of her.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 8 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
"All of Lilian's friends and staff at Highcroft Nursing Home wish her the very happiest of birthdays."