Weston woman turns 100
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare woman celebrated her 100th birthday on Sunday.
Marion Green enjoyed a meal with her family and friends at La Cucina restaurant, in Uphill, to mark the occasion.
She retired to Weston from Harrow in 1984 with her husband, Martyn, and they were involved in the Chew Valley Lake Sailing Club.
Marion joined the Boulevard United Reformed Church where she ran the Sunday school for many years and was a regular church visitor.
The pair were members of the Liberal Democrats and Marion worked as a volunteer in its press office where she collected cuttings and helped with promotional literature distribution.
You may also want to watch:
Marion’s daughter Coralie said: “Mum has always been a very sociable person and regularly attended coffee mornings and New Year’s Eve parties with neighbours.
“She is still very much in touch with her friends in Weston, and appreciates their support and friendship.”
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Will garden village be revived?
- 5 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Flag stolen during period of national mourning