Weston woman turns 100
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare woman celebrated her 100th birthday on Sunday.
Marion Green enjoyed a meal with her family and friends at La Cucina restaurant, in Uphill, to mark the occasion.
She retired to Weston from Harrow in 1984 with her husband, Martyn, and they were involved in the Chew Valley Lake Sailing Club.
Marion joined the Boulevard United Reformed Church where she ran the Sunday school for many years and was a regular church visitor.
The pair were members of the Liberal Democrats and Marion worked as a volunteer in its press office where she collected cuttings and helped with promotional literature distribution.
Marion’s daughter Coralie said: “Mum has always been a very sociable person and regularly attended coffee mornings and New Year’s Eve parties with neighbours.
“She is still very much in touch with her friends in Weston, and appreciates their support and friendship.”
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 6 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 9 Weston pub set for £190k revamp
- 10 Police seize up to £500k worth of cannabis at Weston property