Weston woman turns 100
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare woman celebrated her 100th birthday on Sunday.
Marion Green enjoyed a meal with her family and friends at La Cucina restaurant, in Uphill, to mark the occasion.
She retired to Weston from Harrow in 1984 with her husband, Martyn, and they were involved in the Chew Valley Lake Sailing Club.
Marion joined the Boulevard United Reformed Church where she ran the Sunday school for many years and was a regular church visitor.
The pair were members of the Liberal Democrats and Marion worked as a volunteer in its press office where she collected cuttings and helped with promotional literature distribution.
You may also want to watch:
Marion’s daughter Coralie said: “Mum has always been a very sociable person and regularly attended coffee mornings and New Year’s Eve parties with neighbours.
“She is still very much in touch with her friends in Weston, and appreciates their support and friendship.”
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 7 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 8 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 9 Weston Beach Race returns to Weston this weekend
- 10 PICTURES: Weston Moonlight Beach Walk raises £25,000