Weston woman celebrates a century
- Credit: Manor Park
A Weston woman celebrated has celebrated her 100th birthday at Manor Park nursing home.
Marj Neenan has two children, two grandchildren, six great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
Her family believes her secret to reaching 100 is being a tough cookie and always a fighter.
Her son said: "She’s a very loving mum, always there for her children and has always helped them out.
“She’s a mum in a million, sprinkled with stardust."
Marj, who was was born in West Bromwich and moved to Weston when her children were young, cared for soldiers during World War Two.
She enjoys listening to music, especially opera and used to enjoy dancing, for which she won medals in ballroom dancing.
- 1 Garden waste charges for North Somerset households
- 2 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 3 Deputy mayor of Weston's big shave for charity
- 4 Local mortgage broker launches in North Somerset
- 5 Illegal tobacco products lead to suspended sentence
- 6 Fears over Covid outbreaks as care homes prepare to open for visitors
- 7 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 8 Care assistants win award
- 9 Head shave for the NHS
- 10 Disaster response team supporting Weston school with Covid tests
Marj enjoyed a glass of her favourite tipple, Baileys, and some chocolate cake to celebrate her birthday.