Weston woman runs virtual marathon to raise £2,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Weston woman is hoping to raise £2,000 by completing a virtual London marathon along the town’s sea front.
Elizabeth Sprules, aged 34, battled against winds up to 60mph, when running in the wet, in a bid to support of Hospiceuk by collecting £2,000.
Elizabeth also ran 50 miles throughout May in the ultra-marathon, for Weston Hospicecare. Speaking about her latest challenge, and the memory of her colleague spurring her on, Elizabeth said: “Hospice UK, is a charity very close to my heart and even more so this year, after losing a very close work colleague to cancer.”
Elizabeth signed up to run the London Marathon in April 2019, from her hospital bed in Weston general, while being treated for allergic reactions and tests on her heart.
After wondering if she would run again, her consultant said, ‘yes, you can do anything if you put your mind to it’.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Elizabeth, log on to justgiving.com/fundraising/Elizabeth-Sprules1
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset