Weston woman runs virtual marathon to raise £2,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Weston woman is hoping to raise £2,000 by completing a virtual London marathon along the town’s sea front.
Elizabeth Sprules, aged 34, battled against winds up to 60mph, when running in the wet, in a bid to support of Hospiceuk by collecting £2,000.
Elizabeth also ran 50 miles throughout May in the ultra-marathon, for Weston Hospicecare. Speaking about her latest challenge, and the memory of her colleague spurring her on, Elizabeth said: “Hospice UK, is a charity very close to my heart and even more so this year, after losing a very close work colleague to cancer.”
Elizabeth signed up to run the London Marathon in April 2019, from her hospital bed in Weston general, while being treated for allergic reactions and tests on her heart.
After wondering if she would run again, her consultant said, ‘yes, you can do anything if you put your mind to it’.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Elizabeth, log on to justgiving.com/fundraising/Elizabeth-Sprules1
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 7 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 8 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 9 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait