Woman pens book to thank military medics
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare woman has written her first book to raise money for two charities.
Joan Maria Snape has penned a diary on her experiences of being a military wife.
Her husband Peter was in the RAF for more than 24 years and Joan and her family were cared for by military medics throughout their lives.
She said: "I wanted to give something back because the military has looked after us for 20 years."
Joan had her two children in military hospitals and when she fell ill six years ago and was hospitalised in Portsmouth, she decided to write On A Wing - And A Prayer, which has been illustrated by Peter's former colleague Graham Fowell.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised from the diary will be split between Help for Heroes and armed forces charity, SSAFA.
Joan's book is available on Amazon in paperback and as an e-book.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers