Woman pens book to thank military medics
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare woman has written her first book to raise money for two charities.
Joan Maria Snape has penned a diary on her experiences of being a military wife.
Her husband Peter was in the RAF for more than 24 years and Joan and her family were cared for by military medics throughout their lives.
She said: "I wanted to give something back because the military has looked after us for 20 years."
Joan had her two children in military hospitals and when she fell ill six years ago and was hospitalised in Portsmouth, she decided to write On A Wing - And A Prayer, which has been illustrated by Peter's former colleague Graham Fowell.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised from the diary will be split between Help for Heroes and armed forces charity, SSAFA.
Joan's book is available on Amazon in paperback and as an e-book.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset