Healthy minds and souls at community youth wellness day
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters in Weston were welcomed to a wellness day held during the weekend.
The YMCA Dulverton and Weston group hosted the event, where young people could learn how to keep their minds active and healthy.
Attendees aged 13 to 18 were handed free goodie bags and introduced to a yoga teacher, spiritualist and holistic therapist.
The day was organised to highlight how young people can develop different dimensions of wellness, including emotional, spiritual and physical health.
Friends of Grove Park were also in attendance on the day to highlight environmental issues.
YMCA aims to host the event again during Mental Health Week in October 18 to 24.
The next event by the group is the Sleep Easy, on March 13, at the Italian Gardens.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 6 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 7 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision
- 10 Another weather warning issued for Somerset
For more information and tickets, priced from £6, visit www.eventbrite.co.uk