Healthy minds and souls at community youth wellness day
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters in Weston were welcomed to a wellness day held during the weekend.
The YMCA Dulverton and Weston group hosted the event, where young people could learn how to keep their minds active and healthy.
Attendees aged 13 to 18 were handed free goodie bags and introduced to a yoga teacher, spiritualist and holistic therapist.
The day was organised to highlight how young people can develop different dimensions of wellness, including emotional, spiritual and physical health.
Friends of Grove Park were also in attendance on the day to highlight environmental issues.
You may also want to watch:
YMCA aims to host the event again during Mental Health Week in October 18 to 24.
The next event by the group is the Sleep Easy, on March 13, at the Italian Gardens.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
For more information and tickets, priced from £6, visit www.eventbrite.co.uk