Healthy minds and souls at community youth wellness day
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters in Weston were welcomed to a wellness day held during the weekend.
The YMCA Dulverton and Weston group hosted the event, where young people could learn how to keep their minds active and healthy.
Attendees aged 13 to 18 were handed free goodie bags and introduced to a yoga teacher, spiritualist and holistic therapist.
The day was organised to highlight how young people can develop different dimensions of wellness, including emotional, spiritual and physical health.
Friends of Grove Park were also in attendance on the day to highlight environmental issues.
You may also want to watch:
YMCA aims to host the event again during Mental Health Week in October 18 to 24.
The next event by the group is the Sleep Easy, on March 13, at the Italian Gardens.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 8 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
For more information and tickets, priced from £6, visit www.eventbrite.co.uk