Bus link axed in timetable change
- Credit: Archant
A bus link between three villages is being axed.
The A5 bus timetable and route will change on February 4.
There will be four return journeys from Winscombe to Bristol Airport via Wrington offered, plus an additional bus will operate back to Winscombe in the late-afternoon.
Due to low passenger numbers, the link from Langford to Congresbury and Yatton will be cut.
The council has worked with operator Carmel Bristol to reintroduce a Saturday service.
You may also want to watch:
Its deputy leader Elfan Ap Rees said: “We have had to review the route and timetable for the A5 to ensure it remains financially viable for the operator to continue running the service.
“Passenger numbers have so far been lower than anticipated and I encourage residents to support this service to safeguard it.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 7 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 8 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
The A5 is in part paid for by Bristol Airport.