Bus link axed in timetable change
- Credit: Archant
A bus link between three villages is being axed.
The A5 bus timetable and route will change on February 4.
There will be four return journeys from Winscombe to Bristol Airport via Wrington offered, plus an additional bus will operate back to Winscombe in the late-afternoon.
Due to low passenger numbers, the link from Langford to Congresbury and Yatton will be cut.
The council has worked with operator Carmel Bristol to reintroduce a Saturday service.
You may also want to watch:
Its deputy leader Elfan Ap Rees said: “We have had to review the route and timetable for the A5 to ensure it remains financially viable for the operator to continue running the service.
“Passenger numbers have so far been lower than anticipated and I encourage residents to support this service to safeguard it.”
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Will garden village be revived?
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
The A5 is in part paid for by Bristol Airport.