Bus link axed in timetable change
- Credit: Archant
A bus link between three villages is being axed.
The A5 bus timetable and route will change on February 4.
There will be four return journeys from Winscombe to Bristol Airport via Wrington offered, plus an additional bus will operate back to Winscombe in the late-afternoon.
Due to low passenger numbers, the link from Langford to Congresbury and Yatton will be cut.
The council has worked with operator Carmel Bristol to reintroduce a Saturday service.
You may also want to watch:
Its deputy leader Elfan Ap Rees said: “We have had to review the route and timetable for the A5 to ensure it remains financially viable for the operator to continue running the service.
“Passenger numbers have so far been lower than anticipated and I encourage residents to support this service to safeguard it.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
The A5 is in part paid for by Bristol Airport.