What's on in Weston and North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 09:00 28 July 2012
THE sun has finally come out to play, and so has there ever been a better time to get out and about in Weston this weekend?
And there is not just one, but two major events for you to sink your teeth into this weekend as summer finally comes to the town.
Saturday and Sunday:
- The Weston Lions Real Ale and Cider Festival will be held on the Beach Lawns today (Sat) from 11am-10.30pm and 11am-5pm tomorrow (Sun). More than 90 ciders and ales, many of them local, will be available for your delectation at the event. There will also be live music and a food court.
- Banwell’s Women’s Institute will hold a Diamond Jubilee and Olympic-themed cream tea at the scout hut in West Street at 2pm today.
- A book sale will be held at the War Memorial Hall in High Street, Congresbury today. Get along between 9am-1pm to pick up some literary bargains.
- Also in Congresbury, the Elms care home in Brinsea Road will host a summer fete for the community from noon onwards.
- East Huntspill’s church hall, in Church Road, will host a coffee morning from 10.30am to noon this morning.
- History buffs can learn a little more about their locale at an open day at St Mary’s Church in Church Lane, Hutton today from 11am-3pm.
- Stunning views will surely be had as St Paul’s Church in Kewstoke Road, Kewstoke opens its doors from 1-5pm. The event will feature cream teas and a chance to climb the church tower.
- A car boot sale will be held in The Blakeway, Wedmore from 2-4pm.
- Bargain hunters are in for a treat today – Corpus Christi Parish Hall in Weston’s Ellenborough Park South will host a car boot and tabletop sale from 8.30am-12.30pm.
- Villagers in Winscombe will have the perfect opportunity to soak up some rays at a summer fete at Barton Grange in Barton Road. The event will start at 2.30pm and feature entertainment, refreshments, face-painting and the obligatory tombola.
- Science fiction and film fans will no doubt flock to Weston’s Helicopter Museum for the annual Stars of Time event. The showcase will feature Bond Girls Shirley Eaton and Caroline Munro, ex-Doctor Who Colin Baker, Klingons, Daleks, cast members from iconic comedy Allo’ Allo’ and a host of other faces from television and film. The event will last from 10am-5.30pm. Entry is £6.50.
- Perfect Sunday afternoon entertainment will be provided in Grove Park from 3-5pm, courtesy of a free music concert.