What's on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 09:00 15 October 2011
THE temperature might be dropping, but Weston and North Somerset are set to enjoy one last weekend of fine weather before the winter sets in.
So if you are stuck for something to do this weekend, why not try one of these events going on around the area.
• WESTON - Dust off those tuxedos and ballgowns for an evening of social dancing at the Winter Gardens Pavilion hosted by Sid Gateley. The event lasts from 8-11.30pm, with tickets available from the box office on 01934 417117 or www.wintergardens.com
• BANWELL – A sale held at the children’s centre in West Street today will raise money for Banwell in Bloom and the 1st Banwell Scouts and Guides. Plants, books and bric-a-brac will be on sale from 10am.
• BLAGDON – A harvest supper is taking place at the village club in High Street tonight from 7.30pm.
• BLEADON – The next village market will be held today at the Coronation Hall in Coronation Road
• ST GEORGES – A family quiz will take place at the community centre in Willow Close later today. The quiz has been organised to help support the centre’s work and poor people in Kenya. The quiz will start at 7.30pm.
• UPHILL – The steins and lederhosen will be out in force tonight as an oompah night is held at the Victory Hall in Old Church Road at 8.30pm. Tickets cost £9 and must be bought in advance, so call Nicola Morgan on 01934 626304.
• WESTON – The Mothers’ Union is holding an autumn sale from 10.30am-12.30pm today, get down to Emmanuel Church in Oxford Street to pick up some bargains.
• WINSCOMBE – Churches Together is holding a harvest supper at St James’s Church Hall in Winscombe Hill from 7pm, with the Bristol Children’s Help Society’s Richard Hyde the guest speaker.
• WRINGTON – A charity gig in aid of Breast Cancer Care will be held at the Memorial Hall in Silver Street tonight from 7.30pm. Portishead band Mid Life Crisis are playing, and tickets, costing £5, are available from Amors Stores, Buglers Newsagents or The Golden Lion.
• YATTON – Charity Christmas cards will be on sale at the village hall in The Causeway today from 10am to noon, with a number of charities involved.
• WORLE – Providing advice, information and shopping opportunities for mums, dads and expectant parents, the My Fair Baby show will take place at Priory Community School from 10am to 4pm. Most businesses at the show will have discounts, while the first 500 people through the door will receive a goody bag containing vouchers, freebies and leaflets. Tickets are £2 in advance from www.myfairbaby.org.uk or Coochy Coo in Waterloo Street, or £2.50 on the door.
• BLEADON – The Mendip Model Motor Racing Club is holding an event in association with the British Radio Car Association from 10am onwards. Pop along to watch radio-controlled cars race along on a purpose-built track. The event is free for public spectators.
• CHURCHILL - The village’s annual harvest celebration takes place tomorrow at the St John the Baptist Church in Church Lane from 11am.