What’s on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 08:00 04 August 2012
THE Olympic Games might be in full flow, but these events will provide an alternative to watching Team GB’s gold medal charge today (Sat) and tomorrow (Sun).
- Ever fancied yourself at circus skills? Well today’s your chance at a Splat Entertainment session at Puxton Park. The workshop will give children the chance to try their hand at juggling balls, using Chinese ribbons and much more from 10.30am-12.30pm. An open session will then follow at 2pm.
- A fundraising event for the Great Western Air Ambulance will be held on Weston’s Grand Pier today (Sat) from 11am-5pm. Watch out for some of Dr Who’s nemeses though – daleks and cybermen will also be at the event.
- Some of the finest local produce will be available at a farmer’s market in The Square in Axbridge from 9am-1pm.
- A host of bands such as Triple Vision, Smokin Beagles, Jazz Police and The Chat Show Hosts will feature at the Berrow Gig today. The event will be held in the Millennium Field off Red Road from 12.30-6pm.
- A coffee morning will be held at the Methodist Church in Burnham’s College Street from 10am to noon.
- You can then get your second caffeine fix of the day at a cream tea event at White Lodge in Rectory Road, Burnham from 2.30-4.30pm.
- Book lovers may want to head over to Congresbury’s war memorial hall in High Street from 9am-1pm, where a book sale will take place.
- East Huntspill church hall in Church Road will hold a coffee morning from 10.30am to noon.
- The village hall in East Huntspill will then play host to a flower show at 2pm. Entry is 50p.
- Locking’s playing fields will be full of budding Messis and Ronaldos from 10am-4pm as Kewstoke Junior Football Club holds a fun day featuring taster sessions, a bouncy castle and face-painting.
- Methodist Homes For The Aged will benefit from a coffee morning being held at Cothill in Station Road, Sandford from 10.30am-12.30pm.
- If, inspired by the Olympics, you want to get the blood pumping and get active this weekend, look no further than a walk organised by the Mendip Society in Wedmore. The five to six mile walk will set off from the car park in Cheddar Road at 2pm.
- Bacon butties will be the order of the day at a morning event held by the North Somerset Macular Disease Society at St Saviour’s Church in Locking Road, Weston from 10am to noon.
- Chaplaincy About Town (ChAT) will hold a coffee morning in the United Reformed Church in Waterloo Street, Weston today from 10am-2pm.
- Bargain hunters in Weston should head to the jumble sale at the Sea Cadet headquarters off Sunnyside Road North from 10.3am-12.30pm.
- Classical music fans won’t want to miss out on a concert by Convivium Musicum, being held at All Saints Church in Weston’s All Saints Road today at noon. It will feature the work of Purcell, Mendelssohn and Walton, among others.
- Bacon butties and coffee will be on offer at an event at the Methodist Church in Yatton High Street from 10am-1pm which will aim to raise funds for research into the rare disease hystiocytosis.
- The Old Rectory in Badgworth’s Church Lane will host a cream tea event from 3-5pm.
- A fun day will take place in Manor Gardens, Burnham from 11am-6pm. The event has been organised by the Burnham Lions Club and will feature a bouncy castle, climbing wall and a lot of other fun activities.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.