What’s on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 08:00 18 August 2012
THE summer has reached its zenith, but you might still be stuck for the odd activity to do this weekend.
Well look no further than our comprehensive list of events going on in our area today (Sat) and tomorrow (Sun).
If you are of the green-fingered persuasion, then this weekend could be good for you, as there are four flower shows taking place in the area today.
- Cheddar’s show will be held at The Kings of Wessex Academy in Station Road from 2pm onwards.
- Sandford’s show takes place at the village hall in Greenhill Road today from 2.30-4pm, with the trophies being doled out at 3.30pm.
- The Crook Peak Gardening Club is getting in on the act too, with a flower and vegetable show at the Memorial Hall in Cross’s Old Coach Road from 2.45pm onwards.
- And completing our list of floral events, West Huntspill’s Balliol Hall will host the village flower and vegetable show and fete from 2pm onwards.
- The Chalice Morris Men will be performing in Princess Royal Square from 10.30-11.30am today.
- Bleadon’s Coronation Hall and Claverham’s village hall will both hold markets today – from 9am-12.30pm and 10am to noon respectively.
- A charity cream tea in aid of the Bristol Haemotology and Oncology Centre will be held at Yew Tree Farm in Cleeve Road, Cleeve at 2.30pm.
- Rounders and barbecues are the order of the day at Brangay Farm in Rodney Stoke from 2pm onwards.
- For those wanting to finish off the weekend with a walk to get the blood pumping, the Mendip Society are holding a footpath stroll starting from the Rodney Stoke Inn in Wells Road at 5pm.
- An array of handsome hounds and pretty pooches will be on Weston’s Beach Lawns at 11am for a dog show, with proceeds going towards the North Somerset RSPCA.
- The Lauriston Hotel in Weston will be the venue for a summer fete held by the Weston Homemakers from 2-4pm. There will be a raffle, crafts, tombola, books and more.
- An open garden event with music will be held at Hillview in Greenhill Lane, Sandford from 2-5pm. The event is being held in aid of the Children’s Hospice South West.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.