What’s on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 06:10 15 December 2012
CAN you believe Christmas is just 10 days away? Well it is certainly fast approaching so there has never been a better time to go out and enjoy one of these special festive events.
* Blagdon – Not got your Christmas tree yet? Well fear not as the scouts are selling them and wreaths outside the village club in High Street from 9am to noon.
* Burnham – Santa normally prefers to travel by sleigh, but a lifeboat will have to do this weekend. He will be visiting the Burnham Area Rescue Boat’s (BARB) hovercraft station today and tomorrow on The Esplanade. As he is very busy this time of year he will only be there from 10am-4pm. A £2.50 donation will get a child a gift too.
* Yatton – A coffee morning will be held at St Mary’s Church in Church Road at 10am.
* East Huntspill – The church hall in Church Road will let you eat cake today when it holds a sale at 10am.
* Banwell – A Christmas tree festival will be held this weekend at St Andrew’s Church in Church Street and a craft market will be held from 11am-3pm today in celebration.
* Weston – Riding Lights Theatre Company will stage a Christmas play called Give It Back Mak at Bristol Road Baptist Church in Southside at 7pm today. Tickets, priced £3-5, are available on 01934 418109.
* Burnham – Following Santa’s earlier visit (see above), there will be a BARB Christmas party from 7.30-11pm today. Music from the 1970s, 80s and 90s will be entertaining guests at the Boathouse at Lakeside Holiday Park tonight. Tickets, priced £8, are available from the venue.
* Redhill – A cabaret and supper night will be held at the village club in Church Street tonight at 8pm. It is a free event and Simon Cooper will be performing.
* Worle - A Christingle service will be held at the church in Church Road at 10am on Sunday. Children should take an orange with them.
* Uphill – Wrap up warm for a carol service tomorrow afternoon at Uphill Primary School in Old Church Road. From 3-6pm yuletide songs will be sung before mince pies will be gobbled up and the mulled wine starts flowing.
* Compton Bishop – A Christingle service will be held at St Andrew’s Church tomorrow at 4pm.
* Redhill – Tea, coffee, mince pies and carols. Fancy it? If so, pop along to the village club in Church Street at 4pm.
* East Huntspill – Not feeling festive enough yet? Then why not go to the carol service at All Saints Church tonight at 6.30pm.
Have we missed something? Then comment at the bottom of the page or tell everyone on our Facebook page what else is going on.
If you are at one of these events this weekend, why not send your pictures into weston.iwitness24.co.uk and you may find your picture in the newspaper. Whether it is a breaking news incident or a funny thing you see while out and about, we want to know.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.