What’s on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 04:18 12 January 2013
THE weekend brings with it a number of community feel-good events and this one is no different.
* Congresbury – The fortnightly book, jigsaw and DVD sale will take place at the War Memorial Hall in High Street from 9am-1pm.
* Winscombe – If you like searching for a bargain or a little gem then why not pop down to the jumble sale at the community centre in Sandford Road. The money raised, from 2pm onwards, will go towards the Winscombe Community Association. Items can be dropped off from 9.30am.
* Brent Knoll – Meat, vegetables, cakes, jewellery, games and anything else you could possible want will be on sale today from 10am to noon. That’s because a farmers market and bazaar will be held at the parish hall in Brent Street. And anyone fancying an early lunch can also treat themselves to a light snack at the parish café.
* Uphill – Fairtrade goods, foods and crafts will be on sale at the market today at 10am-1pm. It will be held at the Victory Hall and a tabletop sale will take place in the small hall opposite.
* Yatton – The monthly market will be held at the village hall in The Causeway from 10am to noon.
* Blagdon - The traditional wassail will be held at the New Inn in Park Lane from 12.30pm.
* Highbridge - Rich’s Cider Farm in Mill Farm will hold its wassail from 7pm.
* Yatton – If the health-drive New Year’s Resolution is still going then you might fancy joiners the Yatton Ramblers tomorrow (Sun) at 1.30pm. The group will meet at the high Street post office before embarking on a five-mile walk around Felton and Winford.
* Draycott – Fancy yourself as a bit of a brainiac? Then why not put you intelligence to the test at the Strawberry Special quiz in Station Road at 8pm
Have we missed something? Then comment at the bottom of the page or tell everyone on our Facebook page what else is going on.
If you are at one of these events this weekend, why not send your pictures into weston.iwitness24.co.uk and you may find your picture in the newspaper. Whether it is a breaking news incident or a funny thing you see while out and about, we want to know.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.