What’s on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 06:26 26 January 2013
WITH a mixture of snow and rain predicted over the course of the weekend, the next few days have the potential to be a little hectic.
However there are several winter warmers out there that are sure to provide entertainment this weekend.
* Brean – The Brean rally will take place today and tomorrow at the leisure park. Entry, priced £5, is permitted from 8.30am.
* Cross - A jumble sale in aid of St Andrew’s Church will be held at the memorial hall in Old Coach Road at 10am.
* Winscombe – The tennis club will hold a jumble sale at the community centre in Sandford Road at 2pm. Entry is 20p and donations are welcome from 10am.
* Biddisham – A Burns night party will be held this evening (Sat) at the parish hall. The traditional Scottish celebration will feature activities and live entertainment throughout the night. Tickets, priced £7.50-12.50, are available on 01934 750037 or 750528. It starts at 7pm.
* Shipham – You can put your knowledge to the test in the name of charity tonight (Sat) when Winscombe and District RNLI hold a fundraising quiz. The event begins at 7.30pm and entry costs £6 for a team of six. The admission price covers a ploughman’s supper and there will also be an auction and a bar open.
* Wedmore – A quiz will also be held at the village hall in Cheddar Road at 7.30pm. Teams of four can take part for £6.50 and tickets can be purchased from Liz Bull on 01934 712742 or Sue Burton on 712092. All proceeds will go to St Mary’s Church.
* Yatton – The Strawberry Line Metric Marathon takes place tomorrow morning at 9.30am. Runners will be taking on the 26.2km challenge for charities and will be hoping as many people as possible go down to support the event.
* Yatton – An open church service will be held at Yatton Methodist Church in High Street tomorrow (Sun). Rather than a tradition service, visitors will be able to enjoy bacon butties, jazz music, coffee and read the Sunday papers. It starts at 10.30am.
* Weston – Children’s games, entertainment and information stalls will be open to the public tomorrow afternoon (Sun). The event will run from noon to 4pm at The Winter Gardens and will feature a multi-cultural parade through the town centre.
* Milton – An evening of meditational prayer will take place at St Peter’s Church in Baytree Road at 5pm.
Have we missed something? Then comment at the bottom of the page or tell everyone on our Facebook page what else is going on.
If you are at one of these events this weekend, why not send your pictures into weston.iwitness24.co.uk and you may find your picture in the newspaper. Whether it is a breaking news incident or a funny thing you see while out and about, we want to know.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.