What's on this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 08:00 31 May 2014
TAKE part in a new activity or make some arts and crafts this weekend, with a whole host of events to enjoy.
Here are some of the places you could visit this weekend:
* BOURNVILLE: A willow weaving drop-in session is being held at the For All Healthy Living Centre in Lonsdale Avenue on Saturday from 10-10.45am.
* CLEEVE: Cakes and plants will be on sale at 16 Bishops Road on Saturday. All proceeds will go towards the Holy Trinity Church’s Redecoration Fund and it will be held from 10am to noon.
* CLEEVE: Budding tennis players can pop into Cleeve Tennis Club in Meeting House Lane for an open day on Sunday. The four-hour session starts at 11am and whether you are a beginner or an expert it does not matter. For more details contact Karen on 01934 835150 or visit www.cleeve ltc.co.uk
* MEAD VALE: A community day will be held at The Nightjar in Nightingale Close on Saturday from 11am-4pm. For more information contact Di Bradley on 01934 510455.
* MILTON: A quiz evening will be held by the Worle Lions Club at the Windsor Castle Pub in Upper Bristol Road on Sunday at 8pm. Teams of four or six are welcome and will cost £2.50 per person.
* REDHILL: The village club in Church Road will hold a car boot sale on Sunday. It runs from 9am to noon in the adjoining car park and field. It costs £5 for a pitch which includes a 6ft. A bar and barbecue will be on offer and entry is free. For more details call 01934 862619.
* SHIPHAM: Violinist Billy Thompson is bringing his gypsy jazz style to the village hall in New Road on Saturday at 7.30pm. The music includes a mix of numbers made famous by Stephanie Gappelli and Django Reinhardt. Tickets, priced £5-10, are available by calling 01749 673936.
* WESTON: All Saints’ Church in All Saints Road will host a cheese and wine evening from 6.30-8.30pm on Saturday. The event will feature country-themed wine tables, a good selection of cheese and biscuits, plus other snacks. Tickets cost £7.50 from the parish office on 01934 415379. Proceeds go to the church funds.
* WINSCOMBE: A moderate five-mile walk will start from the Woodborough Inn in Sandford Road at 2pm on Saturday. It has been organised by the Mendip Society and it costs £2 to participate. For more details call Mary on 01934 843789.
* WORLE: A spring fair organised by the Worle Lions will be held at Priory Community School in Queensway, on Saturday from 10am-3pm. Crafts, gifts, a raffle and refreshments will all be available and there are some spaces left for stalls. For more details contact 08458 339862.
If you visit any of these events you can upload your pictures to our iwitness site at weston.iwitness24.co.uk and they could be used in the paper or online.