Five things to do this weekend – fireworks to light up Weston sky
- Credit: Mike Lee
It may have been Halloween for a lot of this week but attention will be focussed on another festival this weekend.
Fireworks events dominate proceedings this week, with Bonfire Night falling on Monday.
* It is good to be charitable over Christmas and one festive fair this weekend will be raising money for one of Weston’s most popular causes.
Birnbeck Regeneration Trust has organised a fair to be held on Saturday.
Goods will be sold at the Boulevard United Reformed Church, in Waterloo Street, from 10am-3pm.
You may also want to watch:
* Outside of Weston, one of the bigger events taking this weekend is in Highbridge.
The Vintage Hornby Train Show will be held at The King Alfred School, in Burnham
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Banwell bypass route chosen
Road, on Saturday from 10am-4pm.
It is in support of the Friends of Burnham War Memorial Hospital charity and it will receive funds from the £3 entry fee.
* The museum will no doubt be busy on Saturday morning as they encourage children to visit during the half-term break.
A LEGO workshop will be held at the Burlington Street attraction and it is due to begin at 10.30am.
* Catch of the day will be the focus of fishermen on Saturday.
The RNLI’s open fishing day will be held on Saturday from 12.30-4pm.
Prizes of £50-250 will be available.
It will begin at 10.30am and competitors should meet at the Tropicana, in Marine Parade. Entry costs £6-12.
* There are several fireworks displays planned this weekend, but one of the biggest will be at Weston Rugby Club, in Sunnyside Road.
Gates open at 5.30pm on Sunday, an hour before the display gets underway.
Tickets will cost £3 for childrem, £6 for adults or £15 for adults.
* Off to an event this weekend? Remember to uploard your photographs to weston.iwitness24.co.uk