What's on this weekend - Weston Air Day
PUBLISHED: 07:30 22 June 2013
RED Arrows, school fundraisers and hikes through Somerset's beautiful countryside - whatever your tastes there is something to do this weekend.
* Cheddar – A table top sale will be held at St Andrew’s Church House in Church Street from 9am-1pm.
* Winscombe – A book bazaar will take place at the community centre in Sandford Road today from 9am-12.30pm. Weather permitting a freecycle event will take place in the car park.
* Congresbury – Books, jigsaws, DVDs and more will be on sale at the War Memorial Hall in High street from 9am-1pm.
* Wedmore – Cupcakes, candles and crafts will also be on sale at the village summer fair today. The hall in Cheddar Road will host it and it is being organised by Cats Protection. It will run from 10am-4pm.
* Bournville – The primary school in Selworthy Road will hold a summer fair with a bouncy castle from 11am-3pm.
* Weston – The superb Weston air day will be held today. Midweek shows have proved hugely popular in recent years and organisers have listened to calls to hold it on a weekend. A historic flight of the Vulcan Bomber, parachute teams and the world-famous Red Arrows will soar across the sky in a stunning display of aviation. The fun starts at about noon but for the full programme follow the link on the right-hand side.
* Weston - The Grand Pier is holding a cider festival this weekend. It will be running from noon to 6pm today and tomorrow.
* Brean – A summer charity fun day will be held at Warren Farm holiday centre at Breach Sands today from noon to 4pm.
* East Huntspill – The school friends will be putting on a fair at the site in New Road at 1pm.
* Sandford – Tombolas, a bouncy castle and a whole lot more will be at a summer fete for Sandford Primary School in Greenhill Road from 1-3pm.
* Winscombe – An annual garden party will be held at Sidcot School in Oakridge Lane today from 1.30-4pm. Football, golf, climbing and a whole lot more is planned throughout the afternoon.
* Wedmore – The Mendip Society will lead a six-mile hill walk at 2pm. Anyone interested in joining in should meet at the Cheddar Road car park. It costs £2 to take part.
* Yatton – The village streets will be full of clowns this afternoon as the circus-themed carnival rolls through. It starts in Cherry Grove at 2.45pm before snaking its way to the junior school in High Street. A cake stall, barbecue, beer tent, circus performance and more will take place throughout the afternoon.
* Brockley – The grounds of St Nicholas’ Church in St Nicholas Way will be beautifully presented ahead of this weekend’s two-day open weekend. From 10am-5pm today and 11am-5pm tomorrow the grounds will be open to the public to view following work by the Churches Conservation Trust. And tomorrow a songs of praise service will be held at 5.15pm.
* Winscombe – An organ recital will be held at St James’ church in Winscombe Hill this evening. Dorset’s Stephen Binnington will lead the show which starts at 7.30pm.
* Elborough – A family fun day will take place at the village green in Cedern Avenue tomorrow. The event is organised by the North Somerset Play Forum and will feature a range of fun games and sports plus a Punch ‘n’ Judy show. It will run from 2-4pm.
* Wrington – A brisk walk and a cream tea will make for a fantastic afternoon for the Yatton Ramblers. Anyone interested should meet at Yatton Post Office in High Street at 2pm.
Have we missed something? Then comment at the bottom of the page or tell everyone on our Facebook page what else is going on.
If you are at one of these events this weekend, why not send your pictures into weston.iwitness24.co.uk and you may find your picture in the newspaper. Whether it is a breaking news incident or a funny thing you see while out and about, we want to know.