Five Things To Do in Weston This Weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:02 05 January 2018 | UPDATED: 07:20 08 January 2018
The start of a new year, often means the start of a lifestyle and in Weston this weekend a new healthy venture is due to be launched.
Despite the chilly weather, there is plenty to enjoy over the weekend, for people young and old.
For a full list of events taking place over the next seven days – and the rest of the month – pick up a copy of tomorrow’s (Thursday’s) Weston Mercury.
* On a cold winter’s day, there is nothing like a hot brew and it comes with an added bonus this weekend.
The Friends Of The Playhouse will hold a fundraising coffee morning on Saturday, so you can enjoy a cuppa and help a worthy cause at the same time.
The event will take place in the upstairs bar at the Weston High Street theatre and begin at 10am.
* With it being FA Cup third round weekend, there has never been a better time to enjoy a traditional jumpers for goalposts kick-about.
A new friendly football initiative for players ‘from the age of 18 to 99-plus’ will launch in the field opposite Weston’s Corpus Christi Church in Ellenborough Park South at 11.30am on Saturday.
* If football is not your cup of tea, but you still fancy being healthy, then why not pop along to Clevedon for a winter walk?
North Somerset Council has arranged a winter walking festival – including one in Weston today (Wednesday) which will set off from The Campus at 10.30am.
The Clevedon walk, on Saturday, will begin at 10.30am as well and will set off from Clevedon Community Centre in Princes Road.
* If Father Christmas did not bring you all the presents you were hoping for last week, then pop down to Weston High Street.
Stores in the town centre will be slashing their prices to encourage a good start to the year and there will be plenty of bargains to be had.
* Weston’s Mayor and Mayoress will be holding a free Christmas party on Saturday for children.
It will take place at St Paul’s Church, in Walliscote Road, and is suitable for primary school-aged children.
The entertainment will run from 3-5pm and tickets can be booked on 01934 632567 or by emailing email@example.com
Due to limited space, only one adult per family is allowed to attend.