When is Burnham Carnival 2019?
- Credit: Archant
The biggest illuminated procession in the South West returns to Burnham next week.
Thousands of spectators are set to marvel at nearly 100 entries taking part in Burnham Carnival's parade, which follows Saturday's Bridgwater Carnival.
The second procession in Somerset County Guy Fawkes Carnival Association's circuit promises visitors a spectacular night, and people can watch walking entries as well as a fleet of 100ft illuminated carnival carts advance through the town.
County cup winners in 2018 Marketeers CC, and the hugely successful Bridgwater group Gremlins CC will take part in the parade and are certain to catch the eye of the judges and the huge crowds.
Carts will gather along Queens Drive and Frank Foley Parkway on Sunday, and will be on display until Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Burnham Carnival will start at the B3140 roundabout, opposite Tesco's, on Monday at 7.30pm, and will finish in Marine Drive.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 10 Hospitality Day 2021: Weston micropub thriving once again following reopening