WIN: Tickets to see Fame – The Musical at Bristol Hippodrome
- Credit: Sub
A spectacular film will be retold on the big stage at a West Country theatre this month, and the Mercury has tickets up for grabs.
Based on the 1980 phenomenal pop culture film, Fame - The Musical is the international smash-hit sensation following the lives of students at New York's High School For The Performing Arts as they navigate their way through the highs, lows, romances, heartbreaks and the ultimate elation of life.
The bittersweet but uplifting triumph of a show explores the issues which confront many young people today, including prejudice, identity, pride, sexuality, substance abuse and perseverance.
Keith Jack is best-known as the runner-up on BBC1's Any Dream Will Do and will take on the role of Nick Piazza.
He will be joined by one of the UK's most respected female singers, Mica Paris, who will take on the role of Miss Sherman.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The movie Fame was a big favourite of mine because it really was the first glimpse of what the beginning process of becoming trained artist entailed - I'm so happy to be in the musical."
Another celebrity to join the cast is Hollyoaks star and Dancing On Ice runner-up Jorgie Porter, who will play Iris Kelly.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Fame will be at the Bristol Hippodrome, in St Augustines Parade, from June 10-15 at 7.30pm each night.
There will be additional 2.30pm performance on June 12 and June 15.
Tickets, starting at £16.90, are available at 08448 713012 or www.atgtickets.com/bristol
The Mercury has once again teamed up with the theatre to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets to see the show.
This competition closes at 10am on June 6.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the theatre about this competition.