WIN: Tickets to see Burlesque & Cabaret at Weston’s Blakehay Theatre
- Credit: Dommett Young Photography
An evening of burlesque and cabaret await theatre-goers at the Blakehay this month.
Following on from its successful show in 2018, the Blakehay Theatre has commissioned an all new show, Burlesque & Cabaret from the famous Whipp-It-Out Promotions.
The all-new show draws from a diverse countrywide pool of talent and is set to include comedy, vocal performances, fire performances and burlesque.
Trixie Whipp, of Whipp-It-Out Promotions, said: “There is no easy way to describe burlesque as its history is vague and cloudy but basically a lot of modern burlesque shows including this one are about entertainment.
“While the shows are adult-themed with some semi nudity at times, they are produced in such a way that there is nearly always something for everyone and we have designed the Blakehay Theatre to try and capture the ‘something for everyone’ concept.
You may also want to watch:
“So there you are, if you are looking for a night out on May 11 with comedy, music and so much more, come down and join us at the Blakehay Theatre, see the show, enjoy the show and meet the crew and cast at the post-show meet-and-greet.”
The show features adult content and is therefore only suitable for 18 year olds and above.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 7 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 9 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 10 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
Burlesque & Cabaret will be at the Blakehay Theatre, in Wadham Street, at 8pm on May 11.
Tickets, priced £15, are available on 01934 645493 or at www.blakehaytheatre.co.uk
The Mercury has teamed up with the theatre and Whipp-It-Out Promotions to offer two lucky readers a pair of tickets to see the show.
This competition will close at 10am on May 9.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition draw you are agreeing to be contacted by the theatre and Archant.