Weston Air Festival to return in 2020
- Credit: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crowds will be drawn to Weston at the end of June 2020 with the air festival’s return being confirmed on Friday.
Organisers have confirmed spectacular plane displays will again entertain tens of thousands of people when Weston Air Festival is held on June 27-28, 2020.
Caritas Charles, North Somerset Council's executive member for tourism, said: "This year's air festival was another fantastic crowd-puller and a great advert for the area.
"Months of planning go into an event like this and, as soon as this year's finished, preparations began for 2020.
"We're delighted next year's event will again coincide with Armed Forces Day celebrations, which form such an integral part of the air festival programme."
This year's event featured a Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, RAF Chinook Display Team and Great War Team among others.
But the Red Arrows' programme on June 23 was cut short by poor weather.
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 5 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 10 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'