Weston Air Festival to return in 2020
- Credit: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crowds will be drawn to Weston at the end of June 2020 with the air festival’s return being confirmed on Friday.
Organisers have confirmed spectacular plane displays will again entertain tens of thousands of people when Weston Air Festival is held on June 27-28, 2020.
Caritas Charles, North Somerset Council's executive member for tourism, said: "This year's air festival was another fantastic crowd-puller and a great advert for the area.
"Months of planning go into an event like this and, as soon as this year's finished, preparations began for 2020.
"We're delighted next year's event will again coincide with Armed Forces Day celebrations, which form such an integral part of the air festival programme."
You may also want to watch:
This year's event featured a Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, RAF Chinook Display Team and Great War Team among others.
But the Red Arrows' programme on June 23 was cut short by poor weather.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Will garden village be revived?
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple