WIN: Tickets to see Detective Pikachu at Weston’s Odeon
- Credit: Sub
A popular electric yellow furball will make his first appearance in the real world in a new film.
Pokémon makes its real-life debut, starring Hollywood actor Ryan Reynolds, in Detective Pikachu.
When ace detective Harry Goodman goes mysteriously missing, his 21-year-old son Tim takes it upon himself to find out what happened.
Aiding in the investigation is Harry's former Pokémon partner, Detective Pikachu; a hilariously wise-cracking, adorable super-sleuth.
Pikachu is a puzzlement even to himself and the film will see Reynolds - who has previously starred as filthily funny vigilante Deadpool and the Green Lantern - bring his comedic acting skills to this new role, in the form of a pint-sized mouse.
You may also want to watch:
Tim and Pikachu stumble across the discovery that they can secretly communicate and decide to team up and work together to unravel the tangled mystery.
Chasing clues together through the neon-lit streets of Ryme City - a sprawling modern metropolis where humans and Pokémon live side by side in a hyper-realistic live-action world.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
The pair encounter a diverse cast of Pokémon characters and uncover a shocking plot which could destroy the peaceful co-existence and threaten the whole Pokémon world.
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu will be at Weston's Odeon, in The Centre tomorrow (Friday).
For full show times and ticket prices, visit www.odeon.co.uk
The Mercury has once again teamed up with the cinema to offer three lucky readers a pair of tickets to see the film.
This competition will close at 10am on May 16.
Usual Archant competition rules apply and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.