WIN: Tickets to see Detective Pikachu at Weston’s Odeon
- Credit: Sub
A popular electric yellow furball will make his first appearance in the real world in a new film.
Pokémon makes its real-life debut, starring Hollywood actor Ryan Reynolds, in Detective Pikachu.
When ace detective Harry Goodman goes mysteriously missing, his 21-year-old son Tim takes it upon himself to find out what happened.
Aiding in the investigation is Harry's former Pokémon partner, Detective Pikachu; a hilariously wise-cracking, adorable super-sleuth.
Pikachu is a puzzlement even to himself and the film will see Reynolds - who has previously starred as filthily funny vigilante Deadpool and the Green Lantern - bring his comedic acting skills to this new role, in the form of a pint-sized mouse.
You may also want to watch:
Tim and Pikachu stumble across the discovery that they can secretly communicate and decide to team up and work together to unravel the tangled mystery.
Chasing clues together through the neon-lit streets of Ryme City - a sprawling modern metropolis where humans and Pokémon live side by side in a hyper-realistic live-action world.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 9 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 10 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
The pair encounter a diverse cast of Pokémon characters and uncover a shocking plot which could destroy the peaceful co-existence and threaten the whole Pokémon world.
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu will be at Weston's Odeon, in The Centre tomorrow (Friday).
For full show times and ticket prices, visit www.odeon.co.uk
The Mercury has once again teamed up with the cinema to offer three lucky readers a pair of tickets to see the film.
This competition will close at 10am on May 16.
Usual Archant competition rules apply and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.