WESTON AIR FESTIVAL: Where do I park and what roads are closed?
- Credit: james walters
Tens of thousands of people are set to flock to Weston this weekend to enjoy the two-day free family festival.
Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend sees hundreds of thousands of people visit so traffic and parking can be a challenge close to the seafront.
This year will feature Gazelle Squadron, Aerosuperbatics Wingwalkers, RAF Tutor, T67 Firefly, The Great War Team and RAF Red Arrows.
The exciting, action-packed programme will host an astounding line-up of aerial entertainment as well as trade stands, food, fair rides and charities.
If you plan to attend the events, there are a number of things to be aware of: Road closures
You may also want to watch:
Marine Parade will be closed to motorists between Royal Sands and the Sand Sculpture Festival during the event on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-7pm.
MORE: Views from the cockpit of the RAF Red Arrows. Parking
Parking will be available on the beach at Royal Sands, please follow signs to Seafront South.
- 1 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 2 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 7 Weston Beach Race returns to Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 9 PICTURES: Weston Moonlight Beach Walk raises £25,000
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid
Day parking is £10 per vehicle and can only be paid in cash.
There are alternative pay and display parking options which can be found at www.n-somerset.gov.uk
MORE: A bit more about who is at this year's festival. Travelling by train
The closest stop to the air festival is Weston Railway Station.
It takes 15 minutes to walk to the seafront and Beach Lawns.
For those travelling by bus or coach, there is a drop-off point on the Promenade, available until 11am and after 6pm.
Parking is available at Locking Road car park for £10 per coach. Disabled access
There is no disabled parking directly on the beach, however there are limited spaces along Marine Parade, so be sure to arrive early to guarantee a spot.
There is also disabled parking at nearby car parks.