WESTON AIR FESTIVAL: Where do I park and what roads are closed?
- Credit: james walters
Tens of thousands of people are set to flock to Weston this weekend to enjoy the two-day free family festival.
Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend sees hundreds of thousands of people visit so traffic and parking can be a challenge close to the seafront.
This year will feature Gazelle Squadron, Aerosuperbatics Wingwalkers, RAF Tutor, T67 Firefly, The Great War Team and RAF Red Arrows.
The exciting, action-packed programme will host an astounding line-up of aerial entertainment as well as trade stands, food, fair rides and charities.
If you plan to attend the events, there are a number of things to be aware of: Road closures
Marine Parade will be closed to motorists between Royal Sands and the Sand Sculpture Festival during the event on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-7pm.
MORE: Views from the cockpit of the RAF Red Arrows. Parking
Parking will be available on the beach at Royal Sands, please follow signs to Seafront South.
- 1 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 2 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 3 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 4 Rail workers stage walkout in Weston for better working conditions and job security
- 5 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 6 Land near railway station could be sold for housing
- 7 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 8 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 9 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 10 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
Day parking is £10 per vehicle and can only be paid in cash.
There are alternative pay and display parking options which can be found at www.n-somerset.gov.uk
MORE: A bit more about who is at this year's festival. Travelling by train
The closest stop to the air festival is Weston Railway Station.
It takes 15 minutes to walk to the seafront and Beach Lawns.
For those travelling by bus or coach, there is a drop-off point on the Promenade, available until 11am and after 6pm.
Parking is available at Locking Road car park for £10 per coach. Disabled access
There is no disabled parking directly on the beach, however there are limited spaces along Marine Parade, so be sure to arrive early to guarantee a spot.
There is also disabled parking at nearby car parks.