WESTON AIR FESTIVAL: Where do I park and what roads are closed?
- Credit: james walters
Tens of thousands of people are set to flock to Weston this weekend to enjoy the two-day free family festival.
Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend sees hundreds of thousands of people visit so traffic and parking can be a challenge close to the seafront.
This year will feature Gazelle Squadron, Aerosuperbatics Wingwalkers, RAF Tutor, T67 Firefly, The Great War Team and RAF Red Arrows.
The exciting, action-packed programme will host an astounding line-up of aerial entertainment as well as trade stands, food, fair rides and charities.
If you plan to attend the events, there are a number of things to be aware of: Road closures
You may also want to watch:
Marine Parade will be closed to motorists between Royal Sands and the Sand Sculpture Festival during the event on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-7pm.
MORE: Views from the cockpit of the RAF Red Arrows. Parking
Parking will be available on the beach at Royal Sands, please follow signs to Seafront South.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Day parking is £10 per vehicle and can only be paid in cash.
There are alternative pay and display parking options which can be found at www.n-somerset.gov.uk
MORE: A bit more about who is at this year's festival. Travelling by train
The closest stop to the air festival is Weston Railway Station.
It takes 15 minutes to walk to the seafront and Beach Lawns.
For those travelling by bus or coach, there is a drop-off point on the Promenade, available until 11am and after 6pm.
Parking is available at Locking Road car park for £10 per coach. Disabled access
There is no disabled parking directly on the beach, however there are limited spaces along Marine Parade, so be sure to arrive early to guarantee a spot.
There is also disabled parking at nearby car parks.