Who is The Face Of The Pier?
IT IS the moment that parents across North Somerset have been waiting for – has your little one been crowned The Face Of The Pier?
Following more than 2,000 votes, the winners of the popular photo competition have been revealed.
Leah Guise from Weston has been named overall champ after being snapped striking a pose at My Fair Baby on Weston’s Grand Pier in November.
More than 1,000 people joined in the fun at the seafront event towards the end of last year, with parents and their youngsters queuing to get in.
Ella Fear won the nine months and under age category, Leah the nine months to two years and Jack Webb won the two to four year-olds category.
You may also want to watch:
Each of the winners will receive a professional photo shoot from Vanda Photography in Milton and �100 worth of prints.
Leah, picked by the Grand Pier as the Face of the Pier after the votes short-listed the top three, will be also have her picture used to help promote the seafront attraction in Weston.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
The three winners were chosen by the public, who voted throughout December and the first week of January more than 2,000 times.
All the pictures of the children were taken by Paul Horton from Vanda Photography in Milton Road at the baby and toddler show and appeared in the Mercury last month.
The event, sponsored by Sainsbury’s and the Mercury, was organised by mums’ magazine Mum’s Diary and Tiddlers and Toddlers, which organises mums markets.
Photo: Vanda Photography.