Who is The Face Of The Pier?
IT IS the moment that parents across North Somerset have been waiting for – has your little one been crowned The Face Of The Pier?
Following more than 2,000 votes, the winners of the popular photo competition have been revealed.
Leah Guise from Weston has been named overall champ after being snapped striking a pose at My Fair Baby on Weston’s Grand Pier in November.
More than 1,000 people joined in the fun at the seafront event towards the end of last year, with parents and their youngsters queuing to get in.
Ella Fear won the nine months and under age category, Leah the nine months to two years and Jack Webb won the two to four year-olds category.
You may also want to watch:
Each of the winners will receive a professional photo shoot from Vanda Photography in Milton and �100 worth of prints.
Leah, picked by the Grand Pier as the Face of the Pier after the votes short-listed the top three, will be also have her picture used to help promote the seafront attraction in Weston.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
The three winners were chosen by the public, who voted throughout December and the first week of January more than 2,000 times.
All the pictures of the children were taken by Paul Horton from Vanda Photography in Milton Road at the baby and toddler show and appeared in the Mercury last month.
The event, sponsored by Sainsbury’s and the Mercury, was organised by mums’ magazine Mum’s Diary and Tiddlers and Toddlers, which organises mums markets.
Photo: Vanda Photography.