Full line-up of Weston Air Show revealed
- Credit: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organisers of the hugely popular Weston Air Festival have announced the full line-up of aircraft to hit the skies on June 25 and 26.
This years show will be its first since 2019 after the event was forced to postpone due to the Covid pandemic.
The free two day festival will see thousands of visitors descend onto the seafront to watch air acrobatics from modern and vintage aircraft, the world-famous World War Two trio of Lancaster Bomber, Hurricane and Spitfire to the iconic Red Arrows.
At the show will also be an event village with exhibition stands, food stalls, family activities and fairgrounds, and a chance to meet the pilots. As well as Armed Forces Weekend on Beach Lawns.
Below is the full line-up.
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. Lancaster, Hurricane and Spitfire
The Great War Display Team
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 3 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 4 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 5 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 6 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 7 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 8 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 9 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 10 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
A leading display team, world-famous for flying close-formation aerobatics to the highest level are flown by former Red Arrow pilots, as close as 4 feet apart, at speeds of up to 250mph.
The Blades will bring Saturday's show to a close.
The world renowned acrobatics have flown in more than 20 countries, where they perform daredevil handstands as they fly through a choreographed routine including loops, rolls, stall turns and inverted flight, reaching speeds of up to 150mph.
The Cheeky Champ display will display for the first time in Weston this year towing its colourful ribbon across the skies.
Slingsby T67 Firefly
A Weston favourite is the Slingsby T67 Firefly.
Team Raven is a formation aerobatic display team flying a self-build RV8 aircraft, painting shapes across the skies.
RAF Red Arrows
The world-famous Red Arrows will close the weekend's spectaculars on Sunday June 26 over the seafront.