Village celebrates its history with memorabilia exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Villagers gathered to celebrate the history and heritage of a parish at the weekend.
All Things Wick, a village memorabilia exhibition in Wick St Lawrence, took place on Saturday and Sunday, raising money for the church in Wick Road.
Families could trace back their history, enjoy a barbecue, real ales and ciders and a tour of the church.
Church committee member, Sheila Bond, said: "The event was absolutely amazing and we managed to raise £874 for the upkeep of the church fabric, which is very costly.
"The archive material in the exhibition was fantastic, we had all the families going back through the ages, the old school register, the World War One section which showed the young men from the village who did not come back.
"There were a lot of clippings from the Mercury too, back when it was a broadsheet newspaper."
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 7 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station