Village celebrates its history with memorabilia exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Villagers gathered to celebrate the history and heritage of a parish at the weekend.
All Things Wick, a village memorabilia exhibition in Wick St Lawrence, took place on Saturday and Sunday, raising money for the church in Wick Road.
Families could trace back their history, enjoy a barbecue, real ales and ciders and a tour of the church.
Church committee member, Sheila Bond, said: "The event was absolutely amazing and we managed to raise £874 for the upkeep of the church fabric, which is very costly.
"The archive material in the exhibition was fantastic, we had all the families going back through the ages, the old school register, the World War One section which showed the young men from the village who did not come back.
You may also want to watch:
"There were a lot of clippings from the Mercury too, back when it was a broadsheet newspaper."
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 4 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend