Village celebrates its history with memorabilia exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Villagers gathered to celebrate the history and heritage of a parish at the weekend.
All Things Wick, a village memorabilia exhibition in Wick St Lawrence, took place on Saturday and Sunday, raising money for the church in Wick Road.
Families could trace back their history, enjoy a barbecue, real ales and ciders and a tour of the church.
Church committee member, Sheila Bond, said: "The event was absolutely amazing and we managed to raise £874 for the upkeep of the church fabric, which is very costly.
"The archive material in the exhibition was fantastic, we had all the families going back through the ages, the old school register, the World War One section which showed the young men from the village who did not come back.
You may also want to watch:
"There were a lot of clippings from the Mercury too, back when it was a broadsheet newspaper."
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 8 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows