WIN: ‘50 shows for 50 years’ – Weston Playhouse run one-off giveaway for anniversary
- Credit: Robin Savage
This week marks 50 years since The Playhouse reopened after being gutted by an overnight fire.
The official celebrations will be held in September with a gala night, but to celebrate the anniversary of the reopening, The Playhouse is offering Mercury readers a one-off prize.
General manager Mark Thompson and his team are celebrating with '50 shows for 50 years' and is offering five lucky readers a pair of tickets to see 10 shows of their choice to mark the anniversary year.
This year will see a range of big acts perform at The Playhouse.
Grumpy comedian Jack Dee will have the audience in stitches with his off-the-cuff one-liners in October.
You may also want to watch:
Worle Operatic and Dramatic Society, will be at The Playhouse for One Day Only over August's bank holiday weekend for a day of toe-tapping tunes and a smorgasbord of songs.
The entertainment hall will be lit up like a rainbow when Joseph And His Technicolor Dreamcoat pulls into town for a week-long tour at the end of October.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 4 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
But what line-up of gigs would not be completed without some of the best tributes in the country? Talented singers will perform the music of Billy Fury, Taylor Swift, Neil Diamond, Queen and Rod Stewart in the coming months.
And, of course, the pantomime season will be celebrated again this year too.
This competition will close at 10am on July 18.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the theatre.
Tickets will be up for grabs to any shows subject to availability.