WIN: ‘50 shows for 50 years’ – Weston Playhouse run one-off giveaway for anniversary
- Credit: Robin Savage
This week marks 50 years since The Playhouse reopened after being gutted by an overnight fire.
The official celebrations will be held in September with a gala night, but to celebrate the anniversary of the reopening, The Playhouse is offering Mercury readers a one-off prize.
General manager Mark Thompson and his team are celebrating with '50 shows for 50 years' and is offering five lucky readers a pair of tickets to see 10 shows of their choice to mark the anniversary year.
This year will see a range of big acts perform at The Playhouse.
Grumpy comedian Jack Dee will have the audience in stitches with his off-the-cuff one-liners in October.
Worle Operatic and Dramatic Society, will be at The Playhouse for One Day Only over August's bank holiday weekend for a day of toe-tapping tunes and a smorgasbord of songs.
The entertainment hall will be lit up like a rainbow when Joseph And His Technicolor Dreamcoat pulls into town for a week-long tour at the end of October.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 5 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 6 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 7 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 8 Hornets celebrate historical promotion to National 2 West
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
But what line-up of gigs would not be completed without some of the best tributes in the country? Talented singers will perform the music of Billy Fury, Taylor Swift, Neil Diamond, Queen and Rod Stewart in the coming months.
And, of course, the pantomime season will be celebrated again this year too.
This competition will close at 10am on July 18.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the theatre.
Tickets will be up for grabs to any shows subject to availability.