Win a family ticket to see Playmobil: The Movie
- Credit: Cinemablend
Playmobil: The Movie heads to cinemas nationwide today (Friday), and readers could win a tickets to see the family-friendly adventure at a cinema in Weston.
The movie tells the tale of Marla, played by Split's Anya Taylor-Joy, and her younger brother Charlie played by Gabriel Bateman (Child's Play 2019).
When Charlie disappears into the bright, colourful, and animated world of Playmobil, Marla is forced to abandon her organised and structured life to rescue him.
Finding herself on an incredible and unpredictable adventure within this new world Marla begins to see potential she never dreamed of.
Along the way the pair come across ace spy Rex Dasher, played by Daniel Radcliffe, food truck driver Del, played by American stand-up comedian Jim Gaffigan, and the pirate Bloodbones played by Saturday Night Live regular Keenan Thomspon.
The main cast also features American singer-songwriters Meghan Trainor and Adam Lambert, who also wrote and perform several songs in the film.
The film is expected to be the first in a trilogy of animated movies based on Playmobil's line of toys.
- 1 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 2 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 3 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 4 Rail workers stage walkout in Weston for better working conditions and job security
- 5 Land near railway station could be sold for housing
- 6 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 7 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 8 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 9 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 10 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
Playmobil was created by German inventor Hans Beck, who is often referred to as the 'Father of Playmobil', which was first released in 1974.
The iconic Playmobil figures, known as 'Klicky', are known for their distinctive smiling face.
A wide range of accessories, buildings and vehicles, as well as many species of animals, also feature as part of the toy line.
The Mercury has teamed up with Weston Odeon, in the centre, to offer three lucky readers the chance to win a family ticket (two adults, two children) to see the Playmobil: The Movie at a time of their choice.
To enter the competition, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on August 15.
To enter the competition, send your answer - along with your name, address and telephone number - to: Playmobil: The Movie competition, Weston Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW.
Usual competition rules apply and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this competition, you agree to be contacted about it by Archant.