WIN: Tickets to see The Leylines perform in Weston-super-Mare on New Year’s Eve
- Credit: Archant
See in the New Year with The Leylines for free in a one-off competition.
The Leylines are a five-piece Weston band which was founded in 2013.
The band is renowned for refusing to be ‘pigeon-holed’ into a music genre and describe themselves as ‘not quite folk, sort of punk, 100 per cent heart-pounding revelry’.
Over the past five years the band has gone from performing in pubs to touring and selling out music venues up and down the country.
They are now returning to the Winter Gardens to rock everyone into the New Year in style.
You may also want to watch:
Frontman Steve Mitchell said: “Returning to the Winter Gardens to see in 2019 was naturally an easy decision to make for us.
“We had such a fantastic night last year, the venue is spectacular, and of course we want to spend the evening with all our friends and family in our hometown, so naturally we are very happy to be back again this year.”
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
With the band making plans to release their second studio album on March 1, called Recover Reveal, and a nationwide tour, 2019 is set to be just as good a year for the Weston-based quintet.
Violinist Hannah Johns said: “We are so excited to be releasing our new album in March.
“It is something we effectively started work on as soon as our first album, Along The Old Straight Track, came out back in 2016, so it has grown with us as we have changed and developed our sound.”
The Leylines will perform at the Winter Gardens, in Royal Parade, at 7pm on New Year’s Eve.
Tickets, priced £31.50-37.50, are available from www.theleylinesmusic.co.uk
The Mercury has teamed up with The Leylines to offer two pairs of tickets to their New Year’s Eve show.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question: What is the name of The Leylines frontman?
Send your answer along with your name, address, email address and phone number to The Leylines competition, Weston Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston, North Somerset, BS23 1LW.
Alternatively you can enter online at www.westonmercury.co.uk before it closes at 10am on December 14.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final and by entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant regarding this prize.