WIN: Tickets to see The Leylines perform in Weston-super-Mare on New Year’s Eve
- Credit: Archant
See in the New Year with The Leylines for free in a one-off competition.
The Leylines are a five-piece Weston band which was founded in 2013.
The band is renowned for refusing to be ‘pigeon-holed’ into a music genre and describe themselves as ‘not quite folk, sort of punk, 100 per cent heart-pounding revelry’.
Over the past five years the band has gone from performing in pubs to touring and selling out music venues up and down the country.
They are now returning to the Winter Gardens to rock everyone into the New Year in style.
Frontman Steve Mitchell said: “Returning to the Winter Gardens to see in 2019 was naturally an easy decision to make for us.
“We had such a fantastic night last year, the venue is spectacular, and of course we want to spend the evening with all our friends and family in our hometown, so naturally we are very happy to be back again this year.”
- 1 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 2 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 3 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 4 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 5 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 6 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 7 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 8 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 9 Teen, 16, among football fans BANNED from matches
- 10 Weston's new mayor and deputy formally elected at council ceremony
With the band making plans to release their second studio album on March 1, called Recover Reveal, and a nationwide tour, 2019 is set to be just as good a year for the Weston-based quintet.
Violinist Hannah Johns said: “We are so excited to be releasing our new album in March.
“It is something we effectively started work on as soon as our first album, Along The Old Straight Track, came out back in 2016, so it has grown with us as we have changed and developed our sound.”
The Leylines will perform at the Winter Gardens, in Royal Parade, at 7pm on New Year’s Eve.
Tickets, priced £31.50-37.50, are available from www.theleylinesmusic.co.uk
The Mercury has teamed up with The Leylines to offer two pairs of tickets to their New Year’s Eve show.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question: What is the name of The Leylines frontman?
Send your answer along with your name, address, email address and phone number to The Leylines competition, Weston Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston, North Somerset, BS23 1LW.
Alternatively you can enter online at www.westonmercury.co.uk before it closes at 10am on December 14.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final and by entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant regarding this prize.