WIN TICKETS: X Factor winner in Weston
- Credit: Archant
X FACTOR winner Joe McElderry is set to debut new material in Weston as part of a mammoth national tour.
The pop star is bringing his new show, Set Your Soul Alive, to The Playhouse on April 4 – and you could win tickets.
The Mercury caught up with the number one artist behind single The Climb and a slew of best-selling records.
Joe told the Mercury: “I’ve never been to Weston before but I’m really looking forward to coming. I might try to do a bit of sunbathing.
“If I have time, I’ll go for a jog down the beach.
“The great thing about this tour is that I get to go to a lot of places I’ve never been before.”
Recently Joe covered Beyonce’s Halo while doing a gig in Harlow, changing the word to the name of the town during the song after a petition on Twitter.
- 1 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 2 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 3 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 4 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 5 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
He says he’s willing to give Weston the same treatment if fans can find a song which fits.
Joe continued: “If you can find a song that fits Weston-super-Mare, I’ll sing it, but it’s a bit of a tongue-twister.”
He plans to start working on a new album in the near future and will treat fans of the tour to some new material.
He said: “The fact that I get to do a 60-leg tour is amazing.
“After this tour I’m going to start thinking about doing another album. I don’t know what style it will be yet.
“There is some brand new material in this show. There’s a couple of songs that some people will be only hearing for the first time.”
Joe McElderry will be at The Playhouse on April 4 from 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £16-20.50, are available by going to www.theplayhouse.co.uk or by calling 01934 645544.
n The Mercury has teamed up with The Playhouse to offer three lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to the show.
All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets is answer the following question: What was the name of the ITV singing show Joe McElderry won and made his name in?
Send your answer, plus your name, address, email address and a daytime telephone number, to: Joe McElderry Competition, Weston, Worle & Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW by 9am on March 28.
Alternatively follow the link on the right-hand side.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final. By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant.