Couple to run London Marathon for cause close to their heart
- Credit: Archant
A husband and wife duo will take on the London Marathon on Sunday to raise money for a charity close to their hearts.
Nick and Helen Faubel, of Winscombe, will take on the race in support of The Cure Parkinson’s Trust (CPT).
The pair chose the charity because Helen’s father is living with Parkinson’s, and her grandmother also battled the disease.
The couple have raised close to £5,000 for CPT, and they hope more donations will be made in the coming days once they cross the finish line.
Helen said: “We have decided to run together, at least until mile 17; if one of us hits the wall, it will be dog eat dog – see you at the finish line.
You may also want to watch:
“When we’re struggling to hold the pace in the final few miles, we will be thinking about the many hundreds of thousands of people with Parkinson’s.
“I hope that we can do them all proud.”
To donate, log on to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/helen-faubel
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 10 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year