Couple celebrate 60 years of marriage
- Credit: Archant
A Winscombe couple celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary with a meal at Backwell House.
Tony and Brenda Pye enjoyed a celebratory meal with their close relatives at Backwell House Hotel on December 27.
The pair met through a mutual friend in 1955 and were married in Oldbury Parish Church in the West Midlands.
After living and working in Wolverhampton for a number of years, they moved to Winscombe in 1997 to be near to their family.
They have a daughter, two grandsons and two great-granddaughters.
You may also want to watch:
Tony and Brenda were inundated with cards and goodwill messages, with some coming from as far away as New Zealand.
They also received a card from the Queen.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
Tony said: “We are both in reasonably good health, thanks to the care from the local NHS, and are looking forward to many more years together.”