Couple celebrate 60 years of marriage
- Credit: Archant
A Winscombe couple celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary with a meal at Backwell House.
Tony and Brenda Pye enjoyed a celebratory meal with their close relatives at Backwell House Hotel on December 27.
The pair met through a mutual friend in 1955 and were married in Oldbury Parish Church in the West Midlands.
After living and working in Wolverhampton for a number of years, they moved to Winscombe in 1997 to be near to their family.
They have a daughter, two grandsons and two great-granddaughters.
You may also want to watch:
Tony and Brenda were inundated with cards and goodwill messages, with some coming from as far away as New Zealand.
They also received a card from the Queen.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
Tony said: “We are both in reasonably good health, thanks to the care from the local NHS, and are looking forward to many more years together.”