Villagers celebrate anniversary of beloved community centre
- Credit: Archant
Villagers enjoyed live music and entertainment to celebrate 40 years of their community centre.
Winscombe Community Association (WCA) held a party to mark the anniversary of when the old school became a community hub.
The former headteacher and past pupils were invited to the event for a community picnic, music and entertainment from Michael Loader.
Jill Cureton and Rita Hinton, members of the original steering committee, were praised for their hard work in setting up the centre.
Irene Threasher, from WCA, said: "The community centre has brought so much life into our village, particularly for people who are retired and for the young ones.
"It covers all generations and we have markets and book sales. It's a centre for activities and clubs and very well used."
- 1 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 2 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 3 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 6 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 7 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 8 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 9 Temperatures in Somerset drop to -6C - but what about the weekend?
- 10 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings