Villagers celebrate anniversary of beloved community centre
- Credit: Archant
Villagers enjoyed live music and entertainment to celebrate 40 years of their community centre.
Winscombe Community Association (WCA) held a party to mark the anniversary of when the old school became a community hub.
The former headteacher and past pupils were invited to the event for a community picnic, music and entertainment from Michael Loader.
Jill Cureton and Rita Hinton, members of the original steering committee, were praised for their hard work in setting up the centre.
Irene Threasher, from WCA, said: "The community centre has brought so much life into our village, particularly for people who are retired and for the young ones.
You may also want to watch:
"It covers all generations and we have markets and book sales. It's a centre for activities and clubs and very well used."
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 5 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week