Villagers celebrate anniversary of beloved community centre
- Credit: Archant
Villagers enjoyed live music and entertainment to celebrate 40 years of their community centre.
Winscombe Community Association (WCA) held a party to mark the anniversary of when the old school became a community hub.
The former headteacher and past pupils were invited to the event for a community picnic, music and entertainment from Michael Loader.
Jill Cureton and Rita Hinton, members of the original steering committee, were praised for their hard work in setting up the centre.
Irene Threasher, from WCA, said: "The community centre has brought so much life into our village, particularly for people who are retired and for the young ones.
You may also want to watch:
"It covers all generations and we have markets and book sales. It's a centre for activities and clubs and very well used."
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans