There With You: Winscombe U12s Rugby Club #BraveTheShave for the NHS
- Credit: Winscombe Rugby Club
You can #BraveTheShave from home and raise money for the NHS.
Winscombe Rugby Club’s under-12s have decided to raise money for the NHS by shaving their heads during isolation.
The #BraveTheShave movement was brought to the club when two of the players and their dad shaved their heads after lockdown prevented them from getting their usual haircut.
Next, it was Winscombe Rugby Club coach, Jim Wheeler and his son who braved the shave, this time putting the challenge out to the other players, who duly accepted.
Club manager, Phill Morgan said: “There were no issues from the boys when the idea was put out to them.
You may also want to watch:
“The club wanted to show how much it appreciates the NHS and all its staff that are doing a fantastic job at the moment.” The Winscombe side has raised around £130 that will be donated through NHS Charities Together.
To donate to the cause, log on www.nhscharitiestogether.co.uk
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 9 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare