Village holds Spot Santa contest
- Credit: Archant
A Spot Santa competition was one of the highlights of a Christmas fair run by 1st Winscombe Scout Group.
Villagers took part in a Spot Santa competition around the village in the run-up to the fair.
Twenty one Santas were hidden in the windows of shops in Winscombe and competitors had to find them all, along with their names, and take their entry form to the fair to give them a chance to win a prize.
The treaure hunt was a big success with a number of families taking part.
Beavers, cubs and scouts from the group ran games on the day, with a variety of prizes up for grabs.
You may also want to watch:
Santa made an appearance at the event and all the children were enthralled with magical stories by the jolly fellow.
The fair helped villagers to get into the Chritmas spirit and celebrate with friends.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 8 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 9 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 10 Man jailed for knife possession offence
All the money raised from the event will go to 1st Winscombe Scout Group to enable them to equip young people with skills.